Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back.. and with chocolate cake!


Rosh Hashanah saw the debut of one of those undisputable, delicious, decadent, divine chocolate cakes... Nigella's chocolate honey cake from Feast. I was thinking of making the regular honey cake from the same book, but wanted something different this time around.

I'm sure you could tell from the picture above how rich this cake was! But what really surprised me was how the honey flavor really did come out. I brought the cake to work the next day, and boy, was it devoured!! People were saying it's probably the moistest chocolate cake they've ever had! Wahooooo! Finally , coworkers that appreciate my baking!

3 comments:

Puzzles to Print said...

I think the sign of a good chocolate cake is that it tastes even better the next day. This sounds (and looks) like it fits the bill. Here's my chocolate mousse cake recipethat doesn't mind a bit of aging itself. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Ilana,
This is truly a delicious cake! I made the little honey bees too and it looked stunning, particularly as it was for my own birthday!!
I found the icing to be a little runny though it was the middle of summer...
Your cake looks so moist and deliicous!!

Anna's kitchen table said...

Ilana that looks delicious!