Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's (going to be) a girl!



My sister got the results from her amniocentesis. Thankfully, and most importantly, the little munchkin is doing great health-wise. Not as important, but still friggin' awesome, is that she is having a girl! Yay! A girl!

I have to say though that it will be weird to have a little girl around, being so used to Liam, but I am so psyched about it! Cute dresses, and playing with Barbies, if that's what SHE wants... It's going to be so awesome. But what I am happiest about the most is having another little soul to love. It's amazing the extent to which your heart can grow. I'm looking forward to my life filling with even more happiness, if that's even possible. Yay, sis!

8 comments:

Paola Westbeek said...

Awesome Ilana! Congratulations to you all! So Liam is going to be an older brother?? :)

You're going to love playing Barbies, btw!

paola

Georgina Ingham | CulinaryTravels said...

Congratulations Ilana & family. So glad to hear the test went well.

George xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ilana! You'll love to spoil a little baby girl!
Claudia

Rosiecat24 said...

Hi Ilana!

Congratulations on the news of a little baby niece! How exciting. I have a niece who is just over a year old now, and being her aunt is fabulous.

Rosiecat

Kelly-Jane said...

Girls are good! Congratulations Auntie!!

Is that a Monsoon dress? My little one has one like it.

KJxx

Anna's kitchen table said...

That's really lovely news Ilana! :-)
You must be just about THE best Auntie in the world!!
xx

Lady M said...

Thank you! :)

KJ, that is a Monsoon dress. Isn't i precious?!

KG, I was really worried after my sister described the test. I'm happy mum and baby are doing well. :)

Claudia, not too long for you now! :) Hope you enjoy spoiling your little one.

Rosiecat, thank you. I can't wait being an aunt to another little sweetie.

Anna, wow what a nice thing to say! Thank you! :)

xoxo
Ilana

Lady M said...

Paola, I love barbies already! :)

xoxo
Ilana