Sunday, September 09, 2007

Unknowingly Undercatered


Unable to wait until my copy of Nigella Express comes in the mail, I decided to try out the recipes featured on Times Online. I was really intrigued by the Mirin-glazed salmon because I am always looking for ways to cook fish that are more or less appetizing. Fish doesn't usually do it for me.

Nigella's salmon was the exception -- in fact, exceptional. The salmon fillets, cooked in a marinade of brown sugar, soy sauce and mirin, were sooooooo delicious! The only qualm I have though is that it did not make enough for two people. I halved the recipe, because the Times recipe said it was four servings. I don't think 125g of salmon fillet is enough for one person... so I am hoping that it is a misprint. At any rate, I will be making this again, and soon, so I'll have a chance to raise the quantities. Same amount of sauce, more salmon.

Oh, and I paired it with brown basmati rice! I am trying to eat more healthy dishes, so was excited to see this for the first time at the store today. It was so good!! Mmmmmm. Thanks, Nigella.

4 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

The recipe I read specified "4 x 125g salmon" so Im guessing this means 4 pieces at 125g each. ChefLamb

Lady M said...

Hey cheffy. I read it that way too, but I don't 125g is enough salmon for each individual portion (the recipe of 4 x 125g serves 4)... or maybe I just like fish more than I thought! LOL.

xoxo
Ilana

Anonymous said...

Ilana -- I am making this fish tonight. I have about 3/4 lb piece of salmon, so I will let you know how it turns out. It sounds delish ....Cheffy