Friday, August 10, 2007

Harry Potter and the Leopard-Walk-Up-to-Dragon


I am a big Harry Potter fan, so found this article in the New York Times absolutely hilarious. Apparently, there are all these Harry Potter imitation versions in China. The above title is one, and here is a really funny excerpt from it, translated from Chinese.

Excerpt: He lies in the elegant bathtub, keeps wiping his face, and thinks about Dudley’s face, which is as fat as Aunt Petunia’s bottom.

And now I wish I read Chinese. These would make great comic relief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eek, Ilana, when HP no. 4 or 5 came out some years ago... there were no English HP books sold in Latvia, so my o/h scoured the internet and sent me a file that purported to be the real thing just because I wanted it so badly. I read about 50 - 80 pages before I started to suspect that something was wrong... what struck me as SO NOT JK Rowling was that the body of Lily Potter appeared in a blue transparent coffin, and it was schlepped around. I mean, all along when you read about the harsh life his aunt and uncle's it all seemed quite passable!