Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Summer Dresses




I've been shopping recently!

I'm actually quite excited about my purchases because they aren't the things I usually buy. Dresses! The weather here is lovely at the moment, and it is the perfect time to go out in flirty dresses. I only do dresses and skirts in the summer. I don't do shorts. Trust me, it's better for all of us that I don't wear shorts.

So, I bought the dresses at the top. The left one is one I got on sale from the Gap, and the other is from Derek Heart. I actually got another Derek Heart, and in the exact style too; spaghetti adjustable straps, baby doll-ish (but not pregnant) bodice. My other dress, which I wasn't able to find on the Net, is white with brown square-ish patterns.

I see a lot of magazine models wearing these babydoll dresses with tight jeans or tights underneath... I guess it would work, but I don't see the point of buying a summer dress and wearing stuff with it. Kind of throws out the idea of light and airy out the door. I do, however, wear camisole tops underneath the dress, like the model above in the plaid, as I find the plunging neckline leaves little to some people's imagination. Maybe one day I'll have the nerve to wear that dress without a bra with my cleavage in full view. That day hasn't arrived yet, so I'm happy I have matching camisoles!

2 comments:

Kelly-Jane said...

They are just what you'll need when it's hot :)

I love to wear dresses, they make me feel like who I really am (although I don't actually know who that is yet!).

KJxx

Gemma said...

I'm definitely with you on the skirts and dresses in summer - shorts are a huge no no for my and my thighs!!! I too have a large selection of camisoles for wearing under dresses - not keen on showing too much cleavage :)

Gemma x