Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Devil Wears Magnets







I've gone a bit organization-crazy as of late. So, I'm moving, and that means that I have all these excuses to get wonderful stuff I've always dreamed of having -- in my own pseduo Ikea-furnished paradise.
And of course since I'm a bit obsessive about not ruining our new apartment in any way I'm going magnetic. That's right -- no holes, no drilling, nothing that would endanger my extremely dear security deposit. I run into the dilemma time and time again of how do I make a space functional without being cluttered.. and now I know I should have been paying attention, instead of cutting my nails, while watching Design on a Dime.
So, for your considerati0n, I have already done an Ikea run -- magazine files for my huge collection of Delicious -- a cute, non-Barefoot Contessaish glass canister for flour -- a stainless steel cutlery caddy.


The magnet shopping spree will commence once I have established that our fridge actually holds magnets!! I'm most excited about my soon-to-be slim cart from the Container Store. For those that don't know it, the Container Store is the New Yorker's savior in taking advantage of every expensive square foot you have. Thankfully, storage for me hopefully won't be an issue, and I think I may even finally have a pantry. It's Ilana Meets Pantry Again-- haha! The slim cart will hopefully fit in this cubby hole we have inside one of the closets.
Well I'm really excited about my previous and soon-to-be purchases. Having a lot of free time lately at work has made me think about them quite a lot; I wish, like my sister, I had the ability to write lists for everything, because my memory ain't what it used to be. And while we're at it, I'd like her perfect handwriting too!!

No comments: