Or maybe it's just me. Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away, and I've agreed to host it again. Which leads me to discuss the few reasons why I've renamed my blog... I obviously don't cook that much risotto anymore, not that I ever aim to be exact in my meaning, quite the opposite actually. But, lately, life has seemed like a mad tea party. I live my life like Alice. Seeing the goal, not quite getting there. Being tall enough to reach the key hole but not tall enough to reach the key. Living in a dreamscape, walking the same road again and again, seeing the light at the end, but never quite getting there. Hosting Thanksgiving is me taking control of my tea party. Putting my foot down, damnit. Taking charge of my destiny. Here is the menu, to be eaten buffet-style, whether anybody likes it or not!
- Super juicy brined turkey -- Nigella Lawson
- Redder Than Red Cranberry Sauce -- Nigella Lawson
- Rosemary Israeli couscous
- Twice Baked Sage & Pecan Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Orzotto -- Nigella Lawson
- Roasted winter vegetables with mustard sauce
- Garlicky spinach and tomato salad -- Nigella Lawson
- Ensalada Ponte Vecchio
- Girdlebuster Pie -- Nigella Lawson
- Polenta and Orange Upside-Down Cake -- Nigella Lawson
- Assorted fruit
Wish me luck!