Saturday, February 23, 2008

Avocadolicious!


I am rarely floored by salad. Most of the time, I could take it or leave it, and I have to REALLY be in the mood for some leafy greens. I had decided to give Nigella's Mexican Chicken Salad a try because the dressing sounded really interesting: avocado, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. When I lived in Israel, I used to get an avocado spread that I used to have almost daily on some nice bread. When I returned to Israel, this past summer, I couldn't find that avocado spread anymore, and I will always be lonesome for it. This dressing sounded like something that could be very similar to it.

So, it is a mixture of the above ingredients, pureed together in a blender. Then, this avocadolicious blend is tossed with some shredded romaine lettuce, jicama (or a few of the other substitutions for jicama), and spring onions. I left out the chicken this time around, but it would have totally worked and made this an even more filling dish. I also topped the salad with the Tomato and Black Bean Salsa that accompanies it. Yum yum yum! The salad was just about the most wonderful thing I have eaten in a long time, and the dressing itself could be great as a dip for parties. Creamy yumminess! Mmmm.

2 comments:

Sarah Nicole said...

I've been meaning to try this. Good to know that it's everything it's cracked up to be.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh, yum, how wonderfully healthy and delicious!!
xx