Friday, August 24, 2007

The First Meal

Yesterday was a long day. We moved the bulk of our big stuff into the new place, and started the tedious task of unpacking because we were going to spend our first night in the new place.

My family came over to have a look in the evening, and we sat down to dinner.

It wasn't a fancy meal, since I don't have much in the fridge. My sister brought over some nice pork chops, and I made broccoli and rice dish. Just before I took the picture below, my father said, "Ilana, I like this rice!" That is a big compliment coming from him! LOL.


It felt nice to cook our first meal here. And to load the dishwasher afterwards. While the machine was whirring away, Rafa and I sat down to a movie on the couch. Afterwards, it took us moments to fall asleep. Welcome home, Ilana.

2 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

I hope you'll be very happy in your new place Ilana, it's lovely that your family can join you for meals!
xx

http://atannaskitchentable.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oooh, a new place Ilana. When is the "hanukat beit"?.

Enjoy your new home, may it bring you peace and happiness.

Love Francesca x